She's officially 5 and starting Kindergarden. He's a lover and a fighter.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Hey Baby explained... finally.

So here's what "Hey baby"is all about. Instead of feeling RJ kick with my hand, I like to put my head on Jodie's tummy. That way I can feel her kick, and hear her kick, without confusing feeling my own pulse by just using my hand.

So instead of sitting there with my hand on her stomach, I lay with my head on her tummy.

Now, a few weeks ago, we saw a show that said around week 26 you might be able to hear the heartbeat doing this exact thing. So I've been trying to listen close... but I only hear Jodie's heartbeat.

Until last night. Last night, without the help of a medical dopplar device, I heard the quiet "woosh-woosh" of Riley's heartbeat.

I could have listened all night.

That being said, when I'm not resting my head there, and Jodie mentions how hard she's kicking... I never see it. As soon as Jodie mentions it, she calms down.

Although, we did have a good sign Monday night though... We went to the Royals/Indians baseball game, and Riley was kicking the whole time.

MY BABY LIKES BASEBALL!
(Or maybe it was the peppers on the nachos.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home