She's officially 5 and starting Kindergarden. He's a lover and a fighter.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Finished! Sort of... (And the battle with the Mart)

So, we're done painting for the time being. After all the glazing, and fixing the glazing, and peeling the tape off the windows... we're done. It looks nothing like I thought it would, but I'm reserving judgement until I see the border up. And by then, it'll be set and I'll just have to deal with it if I don't like it. But I'm sure I will.

As for the Mart? The thing about Nebraska Furniture Mart is... great prices, crappy service. Against our better judgement, we bought our crib and dresser from the Mart. It was delivered on Saturday. Fast forward to Saturday afternoon, when I notice the box that is sitting in the baby room says that the crib they delivered was "white." We ordered "Natural." Me being the optimist, I notice the sticky label on the box says "natural." Maybe they ran out of "Natural" boxes.

So we cut open the box this evening, after ripping off the tape and such... It's white. Which wouldn't look too bad against the color we glazed on... if you didn't mind having a white crib and a natural dresser. We'll be calling the Mart tomorrow, the Bastards.

BTW, the motor is probably out on our Washer for the second time in 6 months. You know how I said it's never easy with us? Well, we get through painting without even as much as a minor argument... and then the crib is wrong and the Washer conks out. Such is life.

p.s. Jodie says her Mom likes the name we've chosen. Good thing, because I always feel like I'm on thin ice with my MIL... despite Jodie's assurances that she likes me. Personally, I think MIL is wise to the fact that I've had sex with her daughter. Shhh! Don't tell!

1 Comments:

  • HI!

    I think it is great that you are taking such an interest in your wifes pregnancy and preparations for your little one. I too had IUI, and my Hubby wasn't nearly as interested. Good for you!

    I check your blog every couple of days to see how things are going.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home