She's officially 5 and starting Kindergarden. He's a lover and a fighter.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer 2010

Yes, I realize I favor Facebook over the blog now. Sorry.

To be honest, I haven't taken that many photos this summer.

Here are the highlights of summer, 2010.


btw, we bought riley's school supplies for Kindergarten. Starting to become more real. Jackson continues to mature at an unlikely rate. So quiet and calm, and mostly polite. Eats well, if you give him enough time. Riley can't sit still long enough to finish her breakfast.

Polar opposites these kids are. Makes life interesting.

1 Comments:

  • You get to buy school supplies? You lucky dogs. In Lincoln they now 'provide' everything. Seriously. It started about the time Trevelian was in first grade and we sent him to school with Transformer folders and Superman pencils and big pink smelly erasers, and all that.....and they promptly sent it all home with him. Lincoln no longer appears on the pillar of school supply sheets at WM unless it's one of the parochial schools.

    His teacher was explaining the benefit of this to another parent last week at their school open house and I had to really bite my tongue when she said something about how 'donations of school supplies were still gladly accepted'. SO...I can't provide it for my kids, as is my responsibility, but I can provide it to the school to then provide to all the kids...plus pay 60% property tax to LPS.

    Im pretty liberal, pretty flexible, pretty low key a lot of the time but that one really upsets me. I understand what they are doing, but I disagree with their methodology -the kids will find SOMETHING to single out whether it's clothes, school supplies, a big nose, whatever. Trevelian felt really bad that day when he came home and thought he had done something wrong

    By Blogger Cedric Satterfield, at 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home